The new line of myT Primer reagents provides an increased level of confidence and convenience in qPCR detection of key cancer mutations. myT Primers have unique structural and thermodynamic properties that make them highly sensitive to mismatch discrimination. Each myT Primer is comprised of two oligonucleotides (the Primer and the Fixer) that together contain three functional domains: a long “Fixer” domain provides a high level of specificity and stability for genomic DNA templates, a short “Primer” domain is highly sensitive to single base mutations, and the double stranded “Stem” that both joins and stabilizes the Fixer and Primer domains on the target locus.
- myT Primers exhibit sensitive detection of mutations in a background of wild-type DNA
- High allele specificity can be achieved with virtually no background from “wild-type only” reactions
- Capable of providing clear “Yes/No” answers, eliminating the need for delta Ct analysis
- myT Primers display sensitive mutation detection with both FFPE and fresh frozen samples
- Ideal for small biopsy samples, circulating tumor cells (CTCs) and cell-free cancer DNA in blood
- myT Primers work in conventional qPCR machines using standard, ‘single tube’ protocols
We invite you to watch how myT primers work by viewing the animation on our technology overview page.
The first products in the myT Primer line, myT BRAF and myT BRAF-Ultra are available now. myT BRAF is ideal for most applications, particularly FFPE or fresh frozen tumor genotyping and provides simple definitive interpretation of results with 100% sensitivity and specificity. However, if you suspect that your samples have a limited mutant copy number, then we recommend the more sensitive myT BRAF-Ultra which can reliably detect a single mutant copy in >10,000 wild-type copies (0.01% sensitivity). When in doubt, we recommend using myT BRAF-Ultra which performs over the same linear dynamic range of detection as myT BRAF, but has the added benefit of single copy detection capability.
Additional myT Primer reagents will be coming soon.
myT Primers are for Research Use Only