About Us: Swift Biosciences, Inc is a rapidly growing Ann Arbor company that is developing novel research reagents, protocols and molecular diagnostic tools based on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). Our company specializes in finding new ways to make scientific discoveries. We have an excellent team and are seeking to add more people with specific skills, creativity and energy. Swift Biosciences is a great place to work; we have fun together and take pride in our accomplishments.
Swift Biosciences is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Please state which position you are applying for in your application materials, which may be submitted at the bottom of this page.
This position is primarily responsible for manufacturing and quality control support for Swift with secondary support for logistics.
- Manufacture next generation sequencing library kits according to defined protocols
- Perform Next Generation Sequencing library preps according to defined protocols
- Manage manufacturing and quality control SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Maintain clean room and quality control facilities and equipment
- Maintain and monitor manufacturing freezers
- Responsible for manufacturing and quality control inventory control
- Responsible for physical inventory management and countsof product
- Maintain and update reagent database
- Participate in project teams
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and streamline processes
- Assist Logistics with product packaging and shipping
- Assist R&D with beta kit builds
- Perform other duties as required
- Manual dexterity
- Excellent laboratory skills, including the ability to accurately measure volumes, weigh solids, make solutions and dilutions and dispense liquids into small tubes and/or multi-well plates
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment including qPCR systems, thermocyclers, gel electrophoresis, NanoDrop, multichannel pipettes, repeating pipettes, and centrifuges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience with computers, Excel and Word
- Excellent laboratory skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and resourcefulness
- A self-motivated person who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
We're looking for a programmer or biologist with some experience using the command line on Unix-based operating systems. You should be comfortable using some of the basic Unix command line tools such as awk, sed, and similar standard Unix utilities, as well as basic file handling and system administration. Responsibilities will include analysis of NGS data using established workflows (Bash scripts) and other command line tools, organizing results, and creating summary reports of analysis results. This position will be a great opportunity to gain experience in NGS data analysis and to strengthen basic bash programming and Unix system administration skills, as well as develop skills using other scripting languages such as Python, R, and Perl. Important skills include the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently, including good verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, as well as a general willingness to learn new things.
BS or MS in STEM fields. Experience with Linux and the command line; html coding or report formatting; and a general willingness to learn. A basic understanding of molecular biology or genetics is a plus. Start-up or mid-biotech industry experience is also a plus.
To apply, please upload your resume for review.
Resumes must be submitted in PDF format only, please. Please combine your cover letter, resume, and any other documentation into one file for submission.